ABMS Board Certified, ACGME Fellowship-trained Anesthesiologist and Pain Management Specialist.
Samuel Ryan Park MD is the founder and medical director of Odyssey Pain Center. Dr Park completed his ACGME accredited Anesthesiology residency and Pain Management fellowship at the world renowned Harvard affiliated Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, MA. Prior to this, Dr Park also completed an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine residency at UCLA-Olive View Medical Center. Dr Park is board certified in all three specialties of Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine and Internal Medicine by the American Board of Medical Specialties(ABMS). Dr Park limits his practice to Pain Management and Anesthesiology.
Dr Park possesses the highest of qualifications and utilizes the most current methods to diagnose and treat pain conditions. He particularly specializes in degenerative conditions of the spine, pain due to cancer as well as neuropathic conditions such as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome(CRPS, previously known as RSD). He advocates a comprehensive approach and believes it is in the best interest of most patients to actively pursue functionally restorative therapies such as gentle but progressive activity/exercise, weight loss, physical and psychological therapies prior to considering pharmacological or interventional treatments. Dr Park recommends close collaboration with a patient’s primary care physician, physical therapist, psychologist/psychiatrist and other specialists to treat patients suffering from such a complex condition as chronic pain.
In addition to staying on the forefront of Pain Management, Dr Park is an actively practicing Anesthesiologist and Partner of the Orange Coast Anesthesia Specialty Group. He recognized long ago the importance of preserving the clinical and procedural skills he developed as an Anesthesiologist.
- Medical Director, Odyssey Pain Center
- Attending Physician and Partner, Orange Coast Anesthesia Specialty Group
- Former Director, Anesthesiology/Pain Management, Health Care Partners Region 6
- Former Attending, Kaiser Permanente Anesthesiology and Internal Medicine
- Former Attending Physician, VA-Long Beach Pain Management
- Fellowship: Interventional Pain Management, Harvard-Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Residency: Anesthesiology, Harvard-Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Internship and Residency: Internal Medicine, UCLA-Olive View Medical Center
- Medical School: New York Medical
- Undergraduate: University of California at Berkeley
- California Fluoroscopy X-Ray Supervisor and Operator Certification
- Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- California Physician and Surgeon License
- DEA License
- ABMS(ABA) Anesthesiology Board Certification
- ABMS(ABA) Subspecialty Certification Pain Medicine
- ABMS(ABIM) Internal Medicine Board Certification
- Basic Korean
Member or Former Member of the following Organizations: